Finder freezes. They shouldn’t happen at all, and they don’t happen often, but it’s not unheard of for your Mac’s Finder to freeze, freak out, or otherwise stop responding properly. To bring it back to life, hold down the Option key, click and hold the Finder icon in the Dock, and choose Relaunch. (If the “click and hold” action feels odd, you can instead hold down Control and Option, and then just click.) In theory, you should be able to keep working normally after the Finder relaunches, but we recommend restarting your Mac afterward just to be safe.
- What Are All These New Privacy Request Dialogs in Mojave?
- The Best Apple-Related Gifts for 2018
- Need to Limit How Much Your Kids Use Their Devices? Use Screen Time in iOS 12
- Here’s How to Make Screenshots and Screen Recordings with Mojave’s New Interface
- Here’s How Apple Changed Sending a Photo in Messages in iOS 12