You know the drill—a friend comes to visit and wants to get on your Wi-Fi network. You’ve written the password down somewhere, but where? Even if you have it handy, it’s a pain for your friend to type in. Since macOS 10.13 High Sierra and iOS 11, Apple’s operating systems can make connecting a lot easier. Have your guest choose your network, and then put their device next to one of your devices that’s awake and connected to the Wi-Fi network. As long as you have a card in your Contacts app whose name matches your friend’s My Card in their Contacts, your device should ask if you want to share the Wi-Fi password with them. Just tap Share Password when prompted and you’re done!
- Get Stacked: Reduce Icon Clutter in Mojave with New Desktop Stacks
- Don’t Freak Out If You Get Blackmail Spam Containing an Old Password
- Why Should You Work with an Apple Professional?
- This Is Hands-Down the Easiest Way to Give Someone Your Wi-Fi Network Password
- Three Ways to Tell If You Should Get a New iPhone Battery before 2019