Apple may have discontinued its AirPort Wi-Fi base stations, but in a surprise parting gift, the company has released a firmware update to the AirPort Express that gives it AirPlay 2 capabilities like multi-room audio. If you have an AirPort Express connected to speakers through its audio jack, first use AirPort Utility on the Mac or iPhone to update its firmware to version 7.8. Once you do that, you’ll be able to play audio simultaneously through the AirPort Express and to other AirPlay 2–enabled devices, such as the HomePod and Apple TV.
- What Are All These New Privacy Request Dialogs in Mojave?
- The Best Apple-Related Gifts for 2018
- Need to Limit How Much Your Kids Use Their Devices? Use Screen Time in iOS 12
- Here’s How to Make Screenshots and Screen Recordings with Mojave’s New Interface
- Here’s How Apple Changed Sending a Photo in Messages in iOS 12